We strongly encourage parents to play an active role in determining how their children dress for school. The school will operate within the bounds of the State laws, specifically Section 302, Title 5, of the California Administrative Code with states:
|"All pupils who go to school without proper attention having been given to personal cleanliness or neatness of dress may be sent home to properly prepare for school or shall be required to prepare themselves for the schoolroom before entering."|
The following Dress Code Policy will be enforced for grades K - 12:
The students should come to school well-groomed. Their clothing should be appropriate and not distract from the learning environment.
- It is not appropriate to wear bear midriffs, bare backs, short shorts, or mini skirts.
- Mid-thigh apparel will be accepted.
- Shirts and blouses must have a minimum strap width of 1.5 inches. Armholes, fronts, or backs must not be deep cut.
- Garments which reference or promote the use of drugs, alcohol, or tobacco are not acceptable.
- Undergarments must not be showing at any time.
- Pants worn below the waistline are unacceptable.
- Grades K - 5: No caps or hats on campus.
- Grades 6 - 12: No caps or hats inside buildings
In accordance with Board Policy 5136, district regulations state:
|"The Board prohibits the presence of any apparel, jewelry, accessory, notebook, or manner of grooming which, by virtue of its color, arrangement, trademark or any other attribute which incites students to create a clear and present danger of the commission of unlawful acts on school premises, the violation of lawful school regulations or the substantial disruption of the school's orderly operation by reasons of its association with gangs who conduct such activities."|
There will be ZERO tolerance for any gang-like clothing, apparel, jewelry, backpacks, or accessories.